Monday, May 7, 2012

A New Dollhouse - The General Store




I recently purchased this general store. Ijust placed some items I already have in it and was thinking I may make it a turn of the century, (1900) style.  It is very well built but I noticed that the shingles are not staggered.  I decided to leave them this way though, they are so well done and in wonderful shape.  

I have been making bolts of fabric, skeins of wool and boxes of groceries and canned goods.  I am also printing turn of the century posters and wanted posters.  I need to find a not-to-expensive barbers chair so if you know of one please let me know or if you have any ideas on how I could possibly make one, let me know that too.  Many of these general stores did shaves and hair cuts.  

I built the couch and chair in the upstairs living quarters and will be staining them dark wood rather than light.

No comments:

Post a Comment